Doctrinal Statement of Faith Baptist Church
1. The Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God. In the Bible we find the revelation of God’s will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for the Christian.
2. There is one God, the Creator of all things, who is infinitely perfect and eternally existent in the form of the Trinity–Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is true God and man. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life and died on the cross as a sacrifice for the sins of all men. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and is now at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
4. Man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained. The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for justification and salvation.
5. Water Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the local church during the present age. However, they are not to be regarded as means of salvation.
6. We believe in the personal, premillennial and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. We believe the command to give the Gospel to the whole world is a clear and unmistakable commission to the local church. A vibrant Missions program is a must.